Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Scholarships
The Calouste Gulbenkian Fundation proposes two scholarships from three to six months called: Calouste Gulbenkian Euro-Asian Fellowships. Intended for young scholars, citizens from European Union, residing in Portugal and holding a Master degree, a PHD, or any recognized equivalent qualification, those scholarships will be awarded to finance a period of study in Asia tenable in ECAF Centres.
Applications must be officially presented by candidates' research supervisors.
Criteria of eligibility:
EU citizens residing in Portugal
• Field: research on the culture and civilization of Far East countries and their relations with Europe.
• Funding type: basic allowance for living expenses.
• Amount: a monthly allowance of between 900 and 1,800 Euros depending on the level of the applicant (PHD student or Postdoctoral research fellow) and the country requested. The payment is operated by The Ecole française d’Extrême-Orient.
• Duration: 3 to 6 months, depending on the research program.
Application documents must be submitted in English or in French and comprise:
1. a cover letter justifying your request for a scholarship (specifying dates for the planned period of study, the ECAF centre concerned),
2. a detailed description of the research project including a work schedule and a budget,
3. a curriculum vitae with copies of degrees and certificates,
4. a letter of introduction from the Thesis or research supervisor,
5. a copy of a piece of identification,
6. a copy of the student card.
Completed applications should be sent before the deadline to:
Monsieur João Caraça
Centre culturel Calouste Gulbenkian
39, bd de La Tour Maubourg
And to :
Monsieur Franciscus Verellen
École française d’Extrême-Orient
22, avenue du Président Wilson
Deadline for the submission of applications: before 30 September 2012, for scholarships starting in 2013.
• bear the cost of their own accommodation while working at ECAF Centres.
• provide a proof of an adequate health insurance coverage.
• cover the travel costs.
• within one month after return, send a fieldwork experience report presenting the results to the Director of the Calouste Gulbenkian Cultural Center, to the Director of the EFEO and to the director of the host Centre (10-15 pages).
This virtual library will be regularly updated as and when the approximately 180,000 photographs which compose the EFEO's collection are digitized and included in the database.
The French School of Asian Studies wishes you a happy New Year of the Snake - 恭喜發財 !