The catalog of EFEO Publications, running to some 600 titles, includes works on a wide range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences (archaeology, history, anthropology, literature, philology, etc.), centered on Asia, from India to Japan. These publications address both specialists, and a wider public interested in Asian civilizations and societies.
Several EFEO series bridge the various disciplines represented by the institution and its academic partners, and present the fruits of their on-site research in Asia:
- "Monographies" (Monographs)
- "Etudes thématiques" (Thematic Studies), results of collaborative research projects, conference proceedings, collections, etc.
- "Mémoires archéologiques" (Archaeological Reports), works covering archaeology and the history of art and architecture
- "Textes et documents sur l'Indochine" (Indochinese Texts and Documents), a series of original texts (epigraphic, literary, etc.) from Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam
- "Réimpressions" (Reprints), facsimiles or republications of standard works or articles from EFEO series that are out of print.
Several other series, published by the EFEO Centers in Asia, complete the School publication program.
Occasional publications include reference works and dictionaries.
The EFEO in addition publishes five scholarly journals on an annual or twice-yearly basis:
- Bulletin de l'Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient - BEFEO (Bulletin of the French School of Asian Studies), published since 1901
- Arts Asiatiques (Asian Arts), published with the support of the service (department) of the museums of France
- Cahiers d'Extrême-Asie (East Asian Journal), published in Kyoto
- Aséanie (Southeast Asian Studies), published in Bangkok
- Sinologie française [Faguo hanxue] (French Sinology), published in Chinese in Beijing
On Monday 27th February Martin Ramos (EFEO) is speaking on "Les soldats du Maître du Ciel. Ce que la révolte de Shimabara-Amakusa nous apprend sur le catholicisme japonais".
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (free admission)
Maison de l'Asie, first-floor salon, 22 avenue du Président Wilson, 75116 Paris
The deadline for submitting an application to an EFEO Field Scholarships for Master and PhD students enabling a field study in Asia at one of the EFEO centers is set to the 31st of March 2017 at noon (Paris time).
Aseanie 33 (June 2014) READ MORE
The photographic collection of the ethnologist Otomé Klein, 800 pictures taken during the 1980s amongst the ethnic Lisu mountain dwellers in the north of Thailand goes on line on the EFEO virtual photo library: www.collection.efeo.fr
Arts Asiatiques 71 (2016) READ MORE