The catalog of EFEO Publications, running to some 600 titles, includes works on a wide range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences (archaeology, history, anthropology, literature, philology, etc.), centered on Asia, from India to Japan. These publications address both specialists, and a wider public interested in Asian civilizations and societies.
Several EFEO series bridge the various disciplines represented by the institution and its academic partners, and present the fruits of their on-site research in Asia:
- "Monographies" (Monographs)
- "Etudes thématiques" (Thematic Studies), results of collaborative research projects, conference proceedings, collections, etc.
- "Mémoires archéologiques" (Archaeological Reports), works covering archaeology and the history of art and architecture
- "Textes et documents sur l'Indochine" (Indochinese Texts and Documents), a series of original texts (epigraphic, literary, etc.) from Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam
- "Réimpressions" (Reprints), facsimiles or republications of standard works or articles from EFEO series that are out of print.
Several other series, published by the EFEO Centers in Asia, complete the School publication program.
Occasional publications include reference works and dictionaries.
The EFEO in addition publishes five scholarly journals on an annual or twice-yearly basis:
- Bulletin de l'Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient - BEFEO (Bulletin of the French School of Asian Studies), published since 1901
- Arts Asiatiques (Asian Arts), published jointly with the Musée Guimet and the CNRS
- Cahiers d'Extrême-Asie (East Asian Journal), published in Kyoto
- Aséanie (Southeast Asian Studies), published in Bangkok
- Sinologie française [Faguo hanxue] (French Sinology), published in Chinese in Beijing
The Brahmayāmalatantra or Picumata. Volume II. The Religious Observances and Sexual Rituals of the Tantric Practitioner: Chapters 3, 21, and 45 READ MORE
The Niśvāsatattvasaṃhitā. The Earliest Surviving Śaiva TantraTantra. Volume 1. A Critical Edition & Annotated Translation of the Mūlasūtra, Uttarasūtra & Nayasūtra, edited by Dominic Goodall. READ MORE
Choix d'articles, réunis par Denis Matringe, Éric Ollivier et Isabelle Szelagowski, présentés par Gérard Fussman. READ MORE
Śaiva Rites of expiation READ MORE
Arts Asiatiques 69 : articles (India, Cambodia, Thailand, China, Corea), special issue "Mobilier de culte inscrit de l'Asie du Sud-Est ancienne", activities of the museums, book reviews. READ MORE