The catalog of EFEO Publications, running to some 600 titles, includes works on a wide range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences (archaeology, history, anthropology, literature, philology, etc.), centered on Asia, from India to Japan. These publications address both specialists, and a wider public interested in Asian civilizations and societies.
Several EFEO series bridge the various disciplines represented by the institution and its academic partners, and present the fruits of their on-site research in Asia:
- "Monographies" (Monographs)
- "Etudes thématiques" (Thematic Studies), results of collaborative research projects, conference proceedings, collections, etc.
- "Mémoires archéologiques" (Archaeological Reports), works covering archaeology and the history of art and architecture
- "Textes et documents sur l'Indochine" (Indochinese Texts and Documents), a series of original texts (epigraphic, literary, etc.) from Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam
- "Réimpressions" (Reprints), facsimiles or republications of standard works or articles from EFEO series that are out of print.
Several other series, published by the EFEO Centers in Asia, complete the School publication program.
Occasional publications include reference works and dictionaries.
The EFEO in addition publishes five scholarly journals on an annual or twice-yearly basis:
- Bulletin de l'Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient - BEFEO (Bulletin of the French School of Asian Studies), published since 1901
- Arts Asiatiques (Asian Arts), published jointly with the Musée Guimet and the CNRS
- Cahiers d'Extrême-Asie (East Asian Journal), published in Kyoto
- Aséanie (Southeast Asian Studies), published in Bangkok
- Sinologie française [Faguo hanxue] (French Sinology), published in Chinese in Beijing
The story of Lục Vân Tiên, commented publication of an illuminated manuscript READ MORE
Tantric Studies. Fruits of a Franco-German project on Early Tantra READ MORE
On Monday 4th April Claude Jacques (EPHE) is talking on the topic "De la fragilité de notre science historique, la stèle K 1297" READ MORE
Aséanie 32 (December 2013) READ MORE
Bulletin de l'École française d'Extrême-Orient 100 (2014) READ MORE